You haven't seen this stuff yet. There is a video, but it's very short. Please read to get the info.
Abraham’s Three Green-Pea Soup
1 bag frozen peas
½ bag frozen soy beans
½ bag frozen snow peas
1 leak stalk
2 green onion stalks
3 tbsp olive oil
½ cup chopped parsley
¼ cup chopped basil
*2 cups (at least) low-sodium chicken broth
*Vegetable broth can be substituted
½ cup low-fat milk
ground black pepper(optional)
1. Steam (or boil) ½ your soybeans and snow peas and ¼ your peas and set aside.
2. In a frying pan, sauté 1 chopped leak (after chopped soak in water to clean and then pat dry) and 1 chopped green onion stalk in olive oil. Then add ¼ cup parsley, all the basil, and another ¼ of thawed peas and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. In a pot, bring chicken broth, steamed legumes, milk, and pepper to a boil and then simmer.
4. Add contents of sauté to the simmering pot, stir to combine, and then turn off heat to cool.
5. Blend or puree contents of pot and then return to simmering heat.
6. Add in remaining thawed legumes along with the remaining chopped green onion and parsley. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Add more pepper (and or salt) for your liking.
7. Add in 2 chopped grilled chicken breast, at step 6 to appease your die-hard meat eaters.
This is one hearty flavorful soup, served best alongside a sandwich, but perfectly good alone.
These recipes are adapted from traditional recipes that have been around forever and also from recipes found on online. They have been changed to compensate for lack of ingredients and or equipment and for the personalization of the cook’s desires. I encourage anyone who tries a recipe, to find a way to make it their own or special in a way that’s unique to them.-Day 37 complete.
There is more to this entry. Download the ebook for the full experience.